Long Melford Hall Walk
Enjoy a walk around the beautiful grounds of Melford Hall in Suffolk. The hall has been the family home of the Hyde Parker family since the 1780s.
Cousins to Beatrix Potter she regularly visited the hall and some of her sketches and watercolours can be viewed inside. There are also several grand rooms to explore with collections of naval paintings, Tudor portraits and Chinese porcelain. In the grounds there are beautiful landscaped gardens, a croquet lawn and the impressive 15th-century Holy Trinity church.
Kentwell Hall is very close by so is a good option if you would like to extend your outing. You could also pick up the St Edmund Way and follow it east to the delightful village of Lavenham. You could also pick up the Sudbury Railway Walk and follow it south from Melford Country Park and Sudbury with its delightful water meadows.
Melford Hall Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Melford Hall Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Melford Hall OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Melford Hall Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Long Melford
- Kentwell Hall Long Melford - This circular walk explores the beautiful grounds of this 16th century stately home in Long Melford, Suffolk
- Lavenham - This pretty Suffolk village has lots of good options for walkers wishing to explore the area
- St Edmund Way - A walk through Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk from Manningtree to Brandon
- Sudbury - This circular walk takes you around the delightful Water Meadows in the Suffolk town of Sudbury
- Melford Country Park - This walk visits Melford Country Park in the village of Long Melford in Suffolk.
- Cavendish - Cavendish stands out as a particularly charming village in Suffolk, renowned for its delightful thatched cottages and scenic village green