Circular Walk Around Cobham
This village in Kent has some fine walking trails to try. This circular walk takes you to some of the highlights of the area including Cobham Park, Jeskyns Park and Shorne Woods Country Park.
The walk starts in the village and heads east into Cobham Park. The area is run by the National Trust and includes woodland pasture and an 18th century Darnley Mausoleum. It was designed by James Wyatt for the 4th Earl of Darnley of Cobham Hall according to detailed instructions in the will of the 3rd Earl of Darnley. The site includes a tree trail with a collection of ancient and veteran trees which were formerly part of the Darnley Estate and deer park.
The route then bends round to the north to visit Shorne Woods Country Park. Here you will find hundreds of acres of rolling woodlands, wetlands and meadows which can be explored on a variety of waymarked trails.
After exploring the park, the route heads south past Ashenbank Wood before branching off to the west to visit Jeskyns Park. Here you'll find woodlands, ponds, orchards and wildflower meadows to explore. After leaving the park it is a short stroll back to Cobham village where the route finishes.
The route passes close to Ranscombe Farm Country Park at the eastern fringes. There's 560 acres of attractive meadows and woodland to explore here.
Cobham Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Cobham Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Cobham OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Cobham Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Cobham
- Jeskyns Park - Explore the woodlands, ponds, orchards and wildflower meadows in this country park near Gravesend
- Shorne Woods Country Park - This park near Gravesend has 288 acres of rolling woodlands, wetlands and meadows that can be explored via a variety of waymarked trails, suitable for cyclists and walkers
- Ranscombe Farm Country Park - Explore 560 acres of meadows and woodland in this large nature reserve on the slopes of the North Downs in Kent
- Camer Park - This is a short walk through Camer Country Park and into the surrounding countryside and woodland
- Meopham - This Kent based village has a number of local woods and parks to visit
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Near Meopham there's the attractive Camer Park with its woodland trails, wide lawns, country views and on site cafe.
For more walking ideas in the area see the North Downs Walks and Kent Downs Walks pages.