This East Sussex based village has some lovely coastal trails, a fine local country park and a canalside path for walkers to try.
This walk from the village takes you to Fairlight Cove before following the Royal Military Canal Path to neighbouring Winchelsea.
The walk starts from the car park and visitor centre at Fairlight. From here you head south to pick up the Saxon Shore Way and follow the waymarked footpath east through the splendid Firehills to Fairlight Cove. There's some excellent cliff tops sea views to enjoy around here.
The route continues to Cliff End before turning north east along the Royal Military Canal. This easy trail will take you into Winchelsea where you can enjoy refreshments at one of the cafes or pubs.
PostcodeTN35 4AD - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Please click here for more information
Fairlight Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Fairlight Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Fairlight OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Fairlight Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Fairlight
- Royal Military Canal Path - This walking route runs from Pett Level to Seabrook along the Royal Military Canal
- Saxon Shore Way - Explore Kent's ancient coastline as you visit Iron Age hill forts, cathedrals, Martello towers, historic ports and castles on this incredible 160 mile walk
- Hastings Country Park - Enjoy over 600 acres of beautiful parkland and coast on this circular route in Hastings
- Eastbourne to Hastings Walk - This walk heads from Eastbourne to Hastings along a lovely section of the East Sussex coast
- Rye to Hastings - This varied walk between Rye and Hastings includes a nature reserve, a canal-side path, exhilirating cliff top trails, beautiful bays and lovely beaches
- Hastings Circular Walk - This fine circular walk around Hastings visits the coast and countryside to the east of the town
- 1066 Country Walk - Follow in the steps of William the Conqueror on this historic walk through the Sussex countryside which commemorates the famous battle in 1066.
- Rye Circular Walk - This route from Rye uses two of the area's long distance footpaths to create a circular walk around the town
- Rye Harbour - This lovely walk takes you around Rye Harbour Nature Reserve on the Sussex coast
- Camber Sands - Enjoy a walk or cycle along National Cycle Network Route 2 from Rye to the beautiful Camber Sands
- Crowhurst - This pleasant circular walk from the East Sussex village of Crowhurst takes you to the nearby Fore Wood RSPB Nature Reserve.
- Bexhill - Bexhill-on-Sea is a pleasant seaside town located in East Sussex