This lovely Kent based town has nice trails to follow along Faversham Creek and the Swale Estuary. The surrounding marshland also has a number of nature reserves where you can look out for a large variety of wildlife.
Two long distance trails pass through the town. The Swale Heritage Trail and Saxon Shore Way are both great options for exploring the surrounding area on foot. This circular walk makes use of both trails to take you through the town and around Ham Marshes. The route passes along the pretty Oare and Faversham Creeks with lovely countryside views on the way.
After the walk enjoy a stroll around the town with its attractive market square and Fleur-de-Lis centre, which provides tourist information and houses a museum. There's also the Grade I listed Faversham Parish Church which was established in 1147 by King Stephen and dissolved by Henry VIII.
To continue your walking in the Faversham area, head east to the splendid Blean Woods National Nature Reserve. The site is one of the most extensive areas of broadleaf woodland in Britain and home to a wide variety of wildlife.
You can also try the popular Faversham to Whitstable Walk which takes you along the estuary on the epic Saxon Shore Way long distance trail.
Faversham Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Faversham Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Faversham OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Faversham Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Faversham
- Swale Heritage Trail - Travel through Kent along the Swale Heritage Trail from Murston to Goodnestone
- Saxon Shore Way - Explore Kent's ancient coastline as you visit Iron Age hill forts, cathedrals, Martello towers, historic ports and castles on this incredible 160 mile walk
- Blean Woods National Nature Reserve - Enjoy miles of cycling and walking paths in the ancient woodland of Blean Woods near Canterbury
- Stour Valley Walk - Follow the River Stour from its source near Lenham to the estuary at Pegwell Bay on the Kent coast
- North Downs Way - This beautiful trail starts in Farnham, Surrey and heads east through the stunning North Downs to the historic city of Canterbury in Kent
- Faversham to Whitstable - A popular walk along a section of the Saxon Shore Way from Faversham to Whitstable
- Oare Marshes - This beautiful nature reserve near Faversham has nice trails to follow along the Swale estuary and Oare Creek