Follow in the footsteps of the Norse invaders on this long distance walk from the Humber Bridge to Oakham in Rutland. The walk passes through the Lincolnshire Wolds AONB and some delightful Leicestershire countryside before rounding Rutland water to the finish point at Oakham. Walk highlights include
- Views of the Humber Estuary and the Humber Bridge at the start of the route.
- The interesting former Roman towns of Caistor and Horncastle where you can still see the remains of the Roman Walls and other interesting landmarks.
- A lovely waterside section along the River Witham into Lincoln
- The city of Lincoln with its magnificent cathedral (video below)
- A section along the Grantham Canal near Woolsthorpe
- The final section along the beautiful Rutland Water in Rutland