Lee on Solent Walks
This coastal village is a pleasant place for an easy stroll along the prom, with fine views of the Solent, lots of sea front cafes and a nice beach.
This walk from the village takes you along the Solent Way to the lovely Titchfield Haven Naure Reserve before leaving the coast to visit the historic Titchfield Abbey.
The route starts at the car park on the sea front in the village. Here you can pick up the Solent Way and follow the waymarked footpath west along the coast to Hill Head and the wildlife rich Titchfield Haven. There's pretty lakes, views of the River Meon and a large variety of wildfowl to see in the popular reserve.
After exploring the reserve you then head north along the River Meon towards the village of Titchfield, Bellfield and Catisfield. Here you can visit the interesting remains of the 13th century abbey which lies just to the west of Fareham.
PostcodePO13 9NR - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Lee on Solent Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Lee on Solent Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Lee on Solent OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Lee on Solent Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Lee on Solent
- Solent Way - Follow the Solent Way along the beautiful south coast from Milford on Sea to Emsworth.
The route starts off at Milford on Sea and heads along the coastal marshes to Lymington with splendid views of the Isle of Wight
- Titchfield Haven - Explore this beautiful coastal nature reserve and enjoy a stroll along the Titchfield Canal on this circular walk near Fareham
- Alver Valley Country Park - This lovely open space is located near Gosport and has 3 walking and cycling routes that show off the best areas of the 500 acre park
- Portsmouth and Southsea Coastal Walk - A walk around Portsmouth and Southsea, visiting Portsmouth Harbour, Southsea Common and Southsea Castle
- Farlington Marshes - Explore this lovely coastal nature reserve on this walk on Portsea Island near Portsmouth
- Hayling Billy Trail - This popular cycling and walking trail uses the Hayling Billy Coastal Path which runs along the west coast of Hayling Island near Havant.
The trail gives fabulous views of Langstone Harbour which is an internationally important site for its wildfowl and wading birds
- Gosport - This Hampshire based coastal town sits on the western side of Portsmouth Harbour, opposite the city of Portsmouth
- Fareham - This market town in Hampshire has some lovely walks along Portsmouth Harbour and an interesting maritime history
The Old Ship is in a great spot right on the sea front. There's an outdoor area and fine views of the Solent from the pub. You can find them at 54 Marine Parade, PO13 9BW. The pub serves good quality dishes and is also dog friendly.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Just to the east of the town there's some pleasant trails along the River Alver in Alver Valley Country Park. Further on there's the neighbouring town of Gosport where you can catch the ferry to Portsmouth.