Barlborough Pebley Reservoir
This walk visits Pebley Reservoir and Harthill Reservoir from the Derbyshire village of Barlborough.
Starting from the village you can follow a footpath north along Ward Lane to Barlborough Hall before turning north east towards Pebley Reservoir. The lake is good for wildlife with ducks, swans, geese and egrets to look out for on the walk.
Just to the north of here there's Harthill Reservoir where there's some nice waterside trails to try. Near here you can pick up the circular Five Churches Walk which visits five historic churches in South Rotherham.
Pebley Reservoir Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Pebley Reservoir Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Pebley Reservoir OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Pebley Reservoir Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Barlborough
- Harthill Reservoir - This pretty reservoir is located in the village of Harthill in South Yorkshire
- Cuckoo Way - This walk follows the Chesterfield Canal through Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire and Derbyshire from Chesterfield to West Stockwith
- Chester Canal Walk - Follow the route of the old Chester Canal on this waterside walk in Cheshire
- Five Churches Walk - Visit five historic churches on this circular walk in South Rotherham
- Wentworth Woodhouse - Explore the extensive parkland and gardens surrounding this Grade I listed country house in the village of Wentworth, near Rotherham.
The circular walk starts in Wentworth village and picks up the Rotherham Round long distance trail to take you into Wentworth Park
- Ulley Country Park - Enjoy a short walk or cycle around the beautiful Ulley Reservoir near Rotherham
- Thrybergh Country Park - Enjoy a waterside walk around Thrybergh Reservoir in this beautiful country park in Rotherham. The park has 170 species of wildflower and plants, 200 species of birds and 20 species of mammals. It is surrounded by some truly lovely Yorkshire countryside making for a splendid short stroll.
- Treeton Dyke - This circular walk takes you around Treeton Dyke and woods in Rotherham.
- Rother Valley Country Park - Rother Valley Country Park is located near Sheffield and is an excellent place for a peaceful waterside walk or cycle
- Roche Abbey - Explore the atmospheric ruins of Roche Abbey on this short walk in Maltby
- Eckington - This Derbyshire town has some nice trails to follow along the River Rother and around the historic Renishaw Hall.
- Renishaw Hall - This country house near Sheffield is surrounded by attractive parkland and gardens
- Rotherham Round Walk - This minster town in South Yorkshire is a fine place for walkers with a number of country parks, riverside trails, local reservoirs and some lovely waymarked footpaths to try.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Just to the north west there's more nice waterside trails around the large lake in the popular Rother Valley Country Park.