Redmire Force Walk
This North Yorkshire Dales village is located in beautiful Wensleydale near Castle Bolton and Leyburn.
This walk from the village takes you south to visit the Redmire Force Waterfall on the River Ure in beautiful Wensleydale.
You start off in the village and follow footpaths and country lanes to Lower Thoresby and Slapestone Wath. Here you can cross the river on a series of stepping stones before turning east to visit the waterfall. It's a very photogonic spot and particularly impressive after rainfall.
To extend the walk head north west from the village to visit Bolton Castle. The historic 14th century castle includes lovely gardens, a maze and excellent views from the top.
PostcodeDL8 4EA - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Redmire Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Redmire Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Redmire OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Redmire Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Redmire
- Wensleydale - This walk takes you from the village of Wensley, along the River Ure to Redmire Force and the Aysgarth Falls
- Castle Bolton - Visit the wonderful grounds of the 14th century Bolton Castle before exploring the beautiful countryside surrounding the village.
It's a short walk to the castle from the village of Castle Bolton
- Aysgarth Falls - Enjoy a woodland walk to the spectacular Aysgarth Falls in the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Harmby Waterfall Walk - This short walk explores the pretty waterfall at Harmby in the Lower Wensleydale area of the Yorkshire Dales
- Leyburn Shawl Walk - This circular walk explores the Leyburn Shawl limestone escarpment in Wensleydale
- Bainbridge - This pretty village is located in the Wensleydale area of Yorkshire
- Semer Water - Semerwater is the second largest natural lake in North Yorkshire, England after Malham Tarn
- Jervaulx Abbey - This walk explores the photogenic ruins of the historic Jervaulx Abbey in North Yorkshire.
- Thornton Steward Reservoir - This walk visits the pretty Thornton Steward Reservoir near the small village of Thornton Steward in the Wensleydale area of North Yorkshire.
- Constable Burton - This pretty village is located near Leyburn in the Richmondshire district of North Yorkshire
- West and East Witton - This circular walk takes you between the villages of West and East Witton in North Yorkshire
- Leyburn - The market town of Leyburn has some lovely trails to follow through beautiful Wensleydale in North Yorkshire.
This circular walk from the town visits the pretty little village of Wensley with a riverside section along the River Ure
- Leyburn to Castle Bolton Circular Walk - This circular walk from Leyburn takes you west to visit one of the highlights of the area at Castle Bolton.
The Bolton Arms is located on Hargill Ln, DL8 4EA. They serve good quality food and have a lovely garden area with views of the surrounding countryside. The hotel is also dog friendly.