This village is located near Tring in Hertfordshire. It's located on the edge of the Chilterns and has some nice canal trails and local reservoirs to visit.
This circular walk from the village visits the Grand Union Canal to the east of the settlement.
The walk starts in the village where you can pick up The Ridgeway National Trail. Follow the waymarked footpath east and it will take you past Pendley Manor and Chestnut Wood to the canal. You can then follow the towpath south and it will take you to Cow Roast Lock where you head south west along the Icknield Way Path to Crawley's Lane. The route then turns north through Wigginton Bottom to return to the village.
Wiggington Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Wiggington Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Wiggington OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Wiggington Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Wiggington
- Tring Circular Walk - This circular walk explores some of the highlights surrounding the Hertfordshire town of Tring
- Tring Park - This splendid park in the Chilterns AONB has lots of good walking trails to try
- Tring Reservoirs - Enjoy a waterside walk around these pretty reservoirs in Hertfordshire
- Pitstone Windmill - This walk visits the Grade II listed Pitstone Windmill, near Ivinghoe in Buckinghamshire.
- Ivinghoe Beacon - Climb to the top of this iconic hill in the Chilterns on this walk in Buckinghamshire
- Wilstone Reservoir -
- The Ridgeway - Step back in time on this wonderful 85 mile route which follows an ancient chalk ridge route used by prehistoric man The trail starts at Overton Hill in Wiltshire on the edge of the Marlborough Downs and heads east through the Chiltern Hills to Ivinghoe Beacon in Buckinghamshire
- Wendover Canal Arm - This easy walk follows the Wendover Arm of the Grand Union Canal from Wendover to Bulbourne
- Wendover Circular Walk - This circular walk explores the area surrounding the Buckinghamshire town of Wendover
- Wendover Woods - Enjoy miles of great cycling and walking trails in this large forest in Buckinghamshire
- Icknield Way Path - The Icknield Way Path starts at Ivinghoe Beacon in Buckinghamshire and heads to Knettishall Heath in Suffolk along prehistoric pathways
- Grand Union Canal Walk - Follow the towpath of Britain's longest canal from London to Birmingham on this fabulous waterside walk