This pretty village is located near Leighton Buzzard in Buckinghamshire. In the village you'll find many old pretty cottages associated with the historic 19th century Mentmore Towers Estate.
This circular walk from the village explores the surrounding countryside and visits the neighbouring village of Cheddington.
You can extend the walk by heading east to pick up the Grand Union Canal Walk. You could follow the towpath south and enjoy more waterside walking around the Tring Reservoirs.
PostcodeLU7 0QF - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Mentmore Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Mentmore Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Mentmore OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Mentmore Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Mentmore
- Leighton Buzzard - This Bedfordshire based market town is located close to a canal, two fine country parks and the Chiltern Hills AONB
- Ascott House - This National Trust owned estate is the countryside residence of the Rothschild family
- Rushmere Country Park - Explore 400 acres of lakes, ancient woodland conifer plantations, meadows and heath in this country park in Leighton Buzzard
- Tring Circular Walk - This circular walk explores some of the highlights surrounding the Hertfordshire town of Tring
- Tring Reservoirs - Enjoy a waterside walk around these pretty reservoirs in Hertfordshire
- Tring Park - This splendid park in the Chilterns AONB has lots of good walking trails to try
- Wendover Canal Arm - This easy walk follows the Wendover Arm of the Grand Union Canal from Wendover to Bulbourne
- Wendover Circular Walk - This circular walk explores the area surrounding the Buckinghamshire town of Wendover
- Wendover Woods - Enjoy miles of great cycling and walking trails in this large forest in Buckinghamshire
- Wiggington - This village is located near Tring in Hertfordshire
- Weston Turville Reservoir - This walk visits the Weston Turville Reservoir just south of the Buckinghamshire village of the same name.
- Aylesbury Canal - This waterside walk takes you along the Aylesbury Arm of the Grand Union Canal
- Aylesbury Ring - This long circular walk takes you on a tour of the beautiful Aylesbury Vale in Buckinghamshire
In the village you can enjoy some post exercise rest and refreshment at The Stag. The pub has an interesting history having been built by Baron Mayer de Rothschild in the mid-1850s as part of the Mentmore Estate. The attractive pub has a good menu and a lovely landscaped garden for the warmer months. You can find them at postcode LU7 0QF for your sat navs.
The country trails make for a pleasnt dog walk and the Stag mentioned above is also dog friendly.