North Cheshire Way
- Climbing Helsby Hill near Frodsham. The hill includes and Iron Age Hillfort with wonderful views over the Cheshire Plain, North Wales and the Mersey Estuary.
- A long riverside section along the River Weaver from Frodsham to Northwich.
- Tatton Park, near Knutsford. This historical estate contains a mansion, Tatton Hall, a manor house dating from medieval times, Tatton Old Hall, gardens, a farm and a deer park of 2,000 acres.
- A section alongside Manchester Airport near Wilmslow.
- Following the River Bollin through the delightful Styal Country Park and Woods in Wilmslow
- The wonderful Lyme Park (video below) with its mansion house and Medieval deer park. This can be found near Disley towards the end of the route
- Canalside sections along the Shropshire Union Canal and the Maccesfield Canal
North Cheshire Way Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
North Cheshire Way Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
North Cheshire Way OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
North Cheshire Way Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
In Prestbury Ye Olde Admiral Rodney is a historic pub worthy of some investigation. This charming former coaching inn dates back to the 17th century and includes many period features such as low ceilings and panelled walls. You can find them on New Road with postcode SK10 4HP for your sat navs. The pub is also dog friendly if you have your canine friend with you.
The village itself is also worth exploring with several listed timber framed buildings and a picturesque churchyard. Look out for famous faces too as it is one of the most desirable places to live in the north with many celebrities and footballers purchasing expensive properties in the area.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Near Northwich you could stop off at the noteworthy Arley Hall. Here you'll find a fine stately home and some stunning gardens which are amongst the best in the country. The hall is located on the route at postcode CW9 6NA for your sat navs. For more walking ideas in the area see the Cheshire Walks page.