National Cycle Route 27
99 miles (160 km)
This is the complete National Cycle Route 27 running from Ilfracombe on the North Devon coast to Plymouth on the south coast. Scroll down for a route video and the full gpx file.
Cycle Routes on National Cycle Route 27
- Devon Coast to Coast - This is the complete National Cycle Network route from Ilfracombe on the North coast of Devon to Plymouth on the south
- Ilfracombe to Ossaborough Railway Path - This is a nice easy short walk or cycle along the disused London and South Western Railway Ilfracombe Branch Line, from Ilfracombe to Mortehoe and Woolacombe railway station.
The route starts off by the pier in Ilfracombe and soon joins the railway path on the outskirts of the town
- Tarka Trail - This wonderful walk through Devon follows the path taken by Tarka the Otter in the book of that name
- Granite Way - This lovely, largely off road cycle route runs from Okehampton to Lydford through theDartmoor National Park
- Drakes Trail - This 22 mile cycle or walk runs from Tavistock to the coast at Plymouth, along the trail
- Plymouth to Tavistock - Follow the trail from Plymouth to Tavistock on this attractive largely traffic free route
- Okehampton to Plymouth - This lovely route passes through Dartmoor National Park and follows a series of quiet roads and traffic free paths along the trail from Okehampton to the popular port of Plymouth
- Plym Valley Trail - This shared cycling and walking trail follows the old Plym Valley railway from Clearbrook to Saltram Park
- Saltram Park - Enjoy a circular cycle or walk around Saltram Park and the River Plym estuary on this easy route in Plymouth