National Cycle Route 4
This is the complete route for National Cycle Route 4. The epic Sustrans route runs from London to Fishguard on the Welsh coast.
On the route you'll pass Windsor, Reading, Newbury, Bath and Bristol before crossing the Severn Bridge into Wales. The route then heads through Newport, Swansea, Llanelli, Carmarthen, Tenby and Haverfordwest before coming to the wonderful Pembrokershire coast. The final section then runs from St Davids to Fishguard. There's lots of fine traffic free sections including the popular Bristol and Bath Railway Path, the Kennet and Avon Canal, Windsor Great Park, the Chippenham to Calne Railway Path, the Taff Trail and the splendid Millennium Coastal Park in Llanelli.
Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the complete route gpx file and some videos of the route.
Cycle Routes on National Cycle Route 4
- London to Windsor - This long cycle ride runs along the trail from West London to Windsor in Berkshire
- Reading to Windsor - Travel along NCN route 4 from Reading to Windsor
- Marlborough to Reading - This lovely ride takes you along the trail from Marlborough in Wiltshire to Reading in Berkshire via Newbury & Hungerford.
- Trowbridge to Marlborough - Follow the trail from Trowbridge to Marlborough on this waterside ride
- Bath to Chippenham - Follow the trail from Somerset into Wiltshire on this attractive water based ride
- Bristol to Trowbridge - This lovely largely traffic free route takes you along the trail from Bristol to Bath and Bradford-on Avon before finishing in Trowbridge
- Bristol to Thornbury - This route starts by the River Avon in Bristol and follows the tow path for a few miles before heading north along the trail to Thornbury
- Swansea to Bridgend - Follow the trail on this lovely ride which has splendid views of the South Wales coast and a fantastic stretch through Margam Country Park
- Swansea to Carmarthen - Follow the trail from Swansea to Carmathen with wonderful coastal views of the beautiful Gower Peninsula and several long traffic free sections to enjoy.
You start by the marina in Swansea and head west along the front with super views of Swansea Bay and Mumbles Bay
- Llanelli to Carmarthen - This ride follows the trail and the splendid Millennium Coastal path from Llanelli to Carmarthen.
You start by heading west towards Burry Port along the Llanelli sea front on the off road Millennium Coastal path
- Carmarthen to Tenby - Follow the trail on this attractive ride through Carmarthenshire and along the beautiful Pembrokeshire coast.
The ride starts with an attractive on road stretch to Laugharne via St Clears