Bridgwater Walks - Near and Around
This large Somerset market town has some nice waterside walking trails to try. There's also some fine architecture with a number of Georgian houses and the attractive Market Hall.
This circular waterside walk takes you along the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal and the River Parret Trail which run through the town.
The walk starts in the town centre at the Bridgwater Docks Marina in the town centre. Here you can pick up the canal towpath and follow it south. The route then crosses to the river where you can pick up another waterside trail and follow it back into the town. To extend the walk you could follow the waymarked River Parrett trail north to meet with the river at Combwich. The route then continues to the Bridgwater Bay National Nature Reserve.
Bridgwater Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Bridgwater Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Bridgwater OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Bridgwater Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Bridgwater
- Bridgwater and Taunton Canal - Follow the towpath of the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal on this easy walk or cycle in Somerset
- River Parret Trail - Follow the River Parrett from the source in Chedington in Dorset to the mouth in Bridgwater Bay, Somerset.
The route first heads to Langport passing Haselbury and the 16th century English Heritage owned Muchelney Abbey
- Durleigh Reservoir - This circular walk takes you around Durleigh Reservoir in Bridgwater, Somerset.
The walk starts in the small village of Durleigh, located on the western fringes of the town of Bridgwater
- Macmillan Way - This epic long distance path links Boston in Lincolnshire to Abbotsbury in Dorset
- Samaritans Way South West - Starting at Bristol follow the Samaritans Way to Lynton, in Devon, and visit the Avon Gorge, the Chew Valley, the Cheddar Gorge, the Mendips, the Quantock Hills and the Brendon Hills
- Bridgwater Bay National Nature Reserve - Explore this beautiful nature reserve on this short walk in the Somerset Levels
- Steart Marshes - This circular walk explores the Steart Marshes area of the Bridgwater Bay National Nature Reserve on the Somerset coast
- North Petherton - This Somerset based town sits in a nice position on the edge of the Quantocks
- Taunton - Taunton is the county town of Somerset and a lovely place to explore on foot
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
The North Petherton Walk skirts the edge of the town. The circular route explores the area surrounding the small town which is located just to the south on the edge of the Quantocks .
For more walking ideas in the area see the Somerset Walks pages.