The Surrey town of Camberley is nicely positioned on the edge of expansive woodland and heathland in the Blackwater Valley.
This walk from the town visits Swinley Forest and Bracknell Forest before heading to the pretty Tri Lakes Country Park. On the way there's miles of good woodland trails and some nice waterside paths along the lakes in the park.
The walk starts on the northern edge of the town and heads north to the woodland and heathland on Olddean Common. Footpaths then take you through Paschal Wood to Deer Rock Hill on the edge of Bagshot Heath.
Continue north west and you will link up with the Three Castles Path. You can follow the waymarked trail south west past Butter Hill and Little Sandhurst to Tri Lakes Country Park. There's a series of nice footpaths here running around several lakes.
Camberley Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Camberley Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Camberley OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Camberley Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Camberley
- Swinley Forest - This forest in Bracknell has miles of good walking trails and some good mtb trails as well
- Bracknell Forest Ramblers Route - This circular walk takes you on a tour of the woodland and countryside of Bracknell Forest in Berkshire
- Lightwater Country Park - This park is located in Camberley, Surrey, and comprises 145 acres of heathland habitat, woodland, shrubs and lowland bog
- Tri Lakes Country Park - Also known as the Yately Lakes this lovely country park near Sandhurst has some nice waterside trails to try
- Blackwater Valley Footpath - This is a nice easy waterside walk along the Blackwater River from Aldershot to Swallowfield.
The walk starts at the delightful Rowhill Nature Reserve in Aldershot and heads along the river to Farnborough, passing Gold Valley Lakes and Willow Park on the way
- Hawley Lake - Enjoy a circular walk around Hawley Lake on this easy walk in Hart, Hampshire.
You can start the walk from the Sail Training Centre on the northern side of the water
- Bramshill Forest - This circular walk takes you around the pretty Bramshill Forest, near Eversley in Hampshire
- Wokingham Way - This long circular walk follows the Wokingham Borough unitary boundary visiting Reading, Bracknell and Henley-on-Thames.The walk takes you through Wokingham's most delightful areas including : the expansive Bracknell Forest, Tri Lakes Country Park and Wellington Country Park
- Finchampstead Ridges - This circular walk takes you through this peaceful common near Crowthorne
- Yateley Common Country Park - Enjoy nearly 500 acres of heathlands, woodlands and ponds on this circular cycle or walk in Yateley, Hampshire
- Farnborough Circular Walk - This circular walk follows a series of footpaths through the countryside around Farnborough in Bromley
- Windlesham Arboretum - This short walk explores the lovely Windlesham Arboretum in Surrey
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
To continue your walking in the area head east of the town centre to Lightwater Country Park. There's 145 acres of heathland habitat, woodland, shrubs and lowland bog to be found here. Near the park you'll also find Windlesham Arboretum where there's lakes, rare trees, follies and sculptures to see.
On the south western edge of the town you can pick up the Blackwater Valley Footpath. You could follow this waymarked, long distance footpath south along the river to the Frimley Hatches Nature Reserve and Farnborough.