Cossall Canal Walk
This walk from the village of Cossall takes you to the Nottingham Canal Nature Reserve.
There's a nice footpath here along the disused canal with lots of wildlife to look out for on the way.
The trail runs for just over 1.5 miles to Awsworth and Cossall Common. Keep your eyes peeled for water loving birds such as moorhen and heron as you make your way along the path.
Back in the village you can visit the noteworthy 13th century church and see the 17th century Willoughby Almshouses.
Cossall Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Cossall Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Cossall OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Cossall Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Cossall
- Nottingham Canal - Enjoy a walk or cycle along this pretty canal in Nottingham
- Ilkeston - A walk from the Derbyshire town of Ilkeston visiting the nearby Shipley Country Park
- Shipley Country Park - This large country park near Ilkeston boasts 700 acres of attractive and varied landscape
- Mapperley Reservoir - Enjoy a short walk around this pretty reservoir in Shipley Country Park, near Ilkeston
- Nutbrook Trail - This easy cycling and walking trail runs from Long Eaton to Heanor along the Erewash Canal and a dismantled railway line
- Centenary Way - Follow the Centenary Way from Ilkeston to Ashbourne on this 25 mile walk through the Derbyshire countryside
- Erewash Canal - Follow the Erewash canal through south Derbyshire on this waterside cycling and walking route
- Bennerley Viaduct - This circular walk visit the Bennerley Viaduct, a now disused railway viaduct spanning the Erewash Valley between Awsworth and Ilkeston