Elveden Estate Walks
This walk explores the Elveden Estate in the West Suffolk village of Elveden.
The historic estate surrounds Elveden Hall, a large stately home dating mainly from the Georgian period. From the village you can follow a track south across the estate with nice views of the surrounding countryside.
The Icknield Way Path runs across the estate. You could pick this up and follow it east to explore Berner's Heath. The Duke's Ride is a track that can also be used for cycling which runs to the heath.
If you follow the Icknield Way north east you can visit Thetford Heath and the town of Thetford where there are some lovely riverside walks. You can also explore the expansive Thetford Forest in this area.
PostcodeIP24 3TJ - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Please click here for more information
Elveden Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Elveden Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Elveden OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Elveden Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Elveden
- Thetford River Walk - A walk along the Little Ouse River from Thetford to Santon Downham in Thetford Forest.
The route starts next to the bridge in Thetford where you can pick up the Little Ouse Path
- Lackford Lakes - This walk visits the pretty Lackford Lakes Nature Reserve near Bury St Edmunds in Suffolk.
- Icknield Way Path - The Icknield Way Path starts at Ivinghoe Beacon in Buckinghamshire and heads to Knettishall Heath in Suffolk along prehistoric pathways
- Thetford Forest - Enjoy miles of cycling and walking trails in this large forest in Suffolk.
Cyclists will find 4 way-marked trails of varying distance and difficulty
- Little Ouse Path - Follow the Little Ouse River on this delightful, gentle walk through Thetford Forest
- St Edmund Way - A walk through Essex, Suffolk and Norfolk from Manningtree to Brandon
- Santon Downham - This little village is located in a lovely spot in Thetford Forest next to the River Little Ouse
- Grimes Graves - This circular walk visits two interesting English Heritage Sites in Thetford Forest.
- West Harling Circular Walk - This circular walk explores the woodland and rivers around the villages of West Harling, East Harling and Bridgham in Norfolk
- Lynford Arboretum - Enjoy a short, peaceful stroll around this delightful Arboretum in the Thetford Forest area
- Brandon Woods - These woods near Coventry have a network of good footpaths to follow around the 178 acre site
- Icklingham - This West Suffolk village sits in a picturesque spot on the river Lark.
The estate includes a number of shops and The Elveden Courtyard restaurant. There's also The Dog & Scone which caters for dog owners.
There's also the Elveden Inn. The inn is considered to be the 'home of Guinness' in England as the estate is the seat of a direct descendant of the Guinness family. They serve high quality dishes and have a lovely large garden area to relax in during the summer months.