This inland Welsh town is often described as the gateway to the Gower Peninsula. It is located on the north western fringes of the city of Swansea.
This walk in the town takes you along a dismantled railway line from the train station. You can follow the footpath east along the Afon Llan.
Gowerton Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Gowerton Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Gowerton OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Gowerton Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Gowerton
- Penllergare Valley Woods - Penllergare Valley Woods in Swansea is a wonderful place for walkers with miles of woodland trails, lakes, and beautiful waterfalls
- Bishopston Valley - This walk takes you through a beautiful wooded valley to the stunning beach at Pwll Du Bay
- Singleton Park - Enjoy a peaceful stroll through the beautiful botanical gardens in this large park in Swansea
- Mumbles Circular - This circular walk takes you around the Mumbles headland on the western edge of Swansea Bay, just south of Swansea
- Craig-y-Nos Country Park - This delightful 40-acre Victorian garden is perfect for a peaceful stroll
- Swansea Canal - Enjoy an easy waterside cycle or walk along the Swansea Canal and River Tawe
- Gnoll Estate Country Park - Explore 240 acres of woodland and wide open spaces in this country park in Neath
- Aberdulais Falls - This circular walk in Neath visits the lovely Aberdulais waterfall and explores the woodland trails in Craig Gwladys Country Park
- Afan Forest Park Country Park -
- Margam Country Park - This large country park includes the magnificent Margam Castle, an 18th Century Orangery with ornamental gardens and a Deer Park, all set within 1000 acres of beautiful countryside
- Cwm Clydach - This National Nature Reserve near Swansea has some fine walking trails to try. On the way you'll see some lovely scenery with bluebell woodland, pretty waterfalls and lots of interesting flora and fauna to look out for
- Mumbles to Langland and Caswell Bay Walk - This walk takes you from the Mumbles to the lovely Caswell Bay on the south east of the Gower Peninsula
- Kilvey Hill - This circular walk climbs to the Kilvey Hill viewpoint in Swansea
- Clyne Valley Country Park - Explore 700 acres of wooded hillsides, steep gorges, meadows and wet valley floor in this country park in Swansea
- Brombil Reservoir - This walk visits Brombil Reservoir and Brombil Woods near Port Talbot.
- Pontarddulais - This town is located near to the city of Swansea and the splendid Gower Peninsula.
- Pontardawe - This town in the Swansea Valley has some nice riverside and canalside paths to try.
- Oxwich Bay Circular - This circular walk explores the area surrounding Oxwich Bay on the Gower Peninsula
- Gower Way - This walk takes you through the stunning Gower AONB from Penlle'r Castell in the north, to Rhossili on the Gower Peninsula, in the south