Keld Circular Waterfall Walk
This attractive village makes a fine base for exploring the Yorkshire Dales National Park. There's some fine river paths, a number of waterfalls and a National Trail running through the area.
This circular walk from the village visits a series of pretty waterfalls and includes a stretch along the Pennine Way National Trail which runs through the area.
The route visits Kisdon Force, East Gill and Catrake Force before an optional extension to Wain Wath Force which lies just to the north west of the settlement. Alon the way there's also nice riverside paths along the Swale and a visit to the neighbouring village of Muker. The return leg runs along an elevated section of the Pennine Way with fine views to enjoy from the high points.
PostcodeDL11 6LL - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Keld Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Keld Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Keld OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Keld Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Keld
- Gunnerside Gill - This circular walk in Swaledale takes you through the lovely Gunnerside Gill
- Great Shunner Fell - Climb to the highest point in Wensleydale on this popular walking route in the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Circular Walk in Swaledale - This 11 mile circular walk around Swaledale takes in some of the highlights of this beautiful area of the Yorkshire Dales
- Muker to Keld Walk - This fine circular walk runs from Muker to Keld in the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Kisdon Force - This walk visits the stunning Kisdon Force, East Gill and Catrake Force waterfalls in the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Herriot Way - This long distance circular route takes you through areas of the Yorkshire Dales associated with the vet and author James Herriot.
The walk begins in the pretty village of Aysgarth in Wensleydale
- Reeth - Explore beautiful Swaledale on this riverside circular walk in Reeth
- Arkengarthdale - This walk explores lovely Arkengarthdale, the northernmost of the Yorkshire Dales
- Barningham Trail - Travel through the beautiful Yorkshire Dales National Park on this circular walk around the pretty village of Barningham in County Durham
- Keld to Ravenseat - This walk takes you from the village of Keld to Ravenseat in the Yorkshire Dales.
Back in the village head to the Keld Lodge for some post walk refreshment. The fine stone building dates back to 1860 when it was originally a shooting lodge. Today it is a top quality hotel and restaurant with wonderful views over Swaledale.
The riverside, woodland and country trails make for a fine dog walk. The Keld Lodge mentioned above is also dog friendly.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
The Keld to Ravenseat Walk is another popular one to try from the village. It will take you up to a lovely viewpoint with an old clapper bridge and the photogenic Jenny Whalley Force waterfall.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Yorkshire Dales Walks page.