Liphook Walks - Near and Around
This large Hampshire based village is a great place to start a walk.
There's miles of woodland and heathland trails on the nearby Ludshott Common, Woolmer Forest and Bramshott Common. The village also has a train station so is easily accessible by public transport.
This circular walk from the village explores the Foley Manor estate to the west of the settlement. You'll also visit Weavers Down on the edge of Woolmer Forest.
The walk starts at the train station and heads west to explore the Foley Manor Estate. Here you'll find a number of pleasant woodland trails with pretty lakes and ponds.
Just west of here there's mile of good trails across Weavers Down with attractive heathland and some fine views from the elevated spot. Around here you'll pick up a section of the Shipwrights Way, a shared walking and cycling trail running from the nearby Alice Holt Forest to Portsmouth along the imagined route a tree may have taken from forest to warship. Liphook dates back to Norman times and was for many years a coach stop on the route between London and the naval port of Portsmouth.
You then follow part of the Sussex Border Path east to visit the large Folly Pond and Wheatsheaf Common before returning to the train station.
PostcodeGU30 7PD - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Liphook Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Liphook Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Liphook OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Liphook Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Liphook
- Ludshott Common - Explore this large area of heathland and woodland on this circular walk in East Hampshire
- Hangers Way - Travel through Hampshire from Alton to the Queen Elizabeth Country Park along this 21 mile walking path.
The route passes through the delightful village of Selborne where you can take a detour to visit the lovely Selborne Common
- Woolmer Forest - This large area of heathland and woodland has public footpaths to follow from the hamlet of Conford in the north eastern part of the site.
- Bramshott Common - Explore this large expanse of heathland on this walk near Liphook in Hampshire
- Haslemere Circular Walk - This fine circular walk takes you around the Surrey town of Haslemere
- Waggoners Wells - This short circular walk visits the Waggoners Wells beauty spot in East Hampshire
- Devil's Punch Bowl - This circular walk in the Surrey Hills AONB takes you through Hindhead Common, up Gibbet Hill and to the Devil's Punch Bowl - a large natural amphitheatre and beauty spot
- Black Down - Climb to the highest point in the South Downs on this challenging route in Sussex
- Alice Holt Forest - Explore the peaceful Alice Holt Forest on this pleasant circular route in Farnham
- Selborne Common - This circular walk visits Selborne Common and Selborne Hill, one of the highest points in the county of Hampshire
- Hogmoor Inclosure Bordon - This walk visits the Hogmoor Inclosure in Bordon, East Hampshire.
- New Lipchis Way - This is an exceptionally lovely walking trail that runs from Liphook, in Hampshire, to East Head at the entrance to Chichester Harbour
- Lurgashall - This Sussex based village is a delightful place for a stroll
The 17th century Deers Hut is a good choice for some post exercise rest and refreshment. The pub is set in a former Queen Anne Hunting Lodge dating back to the 1600’s. They serve a delicious Sunday lunch and have a lovely garden to sit out in on warmer days. You can find them at Longmoor Rd, Griggs Green, GU30 7PD.
The woodland and heathland on the walks are ideal for dogs. The Deers Hut pub mentioned above is also dog friendly with treats available.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Head north west and you can visit the Hogmoor Inclosure in neighbouring Bordon. The area has lots of family activities with woodland walking and cycling paths plus a sculpture trail.