Mill Hill Walks
Mill Hill village is located in the London Borough of Barnet in Greater London.
The pretty village is a nice place to start a walk with a village green, picturesque pond, Georgian properties and plenty of Green Belt countryside to explore. It's accessible on the London Underground on the Northern Line in Travelcard Zone 4.
Local highlights include the waterside Dollis Valley Green Walk which can be picked up at the Scratchwood and Moat Mount Open Space just to the north.
This walk explores the Arrandene Open Space and Featherstone Hill Site of Metropolitan Importance for Nature Conservation. The area is located right next to the village and includes some pleasant footpaths around the ancient hedgerows and old hay meadows. There's some interesting flora and fauna with birds including spotted flycatcher, lesser whitethroat, reed bunting and skylark to look out for.
Mill Hill Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Mill Hill Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Mill Hill OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Mill Hill Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Mill Hill
- Barnet - This North London Borough is well served with a number of local parks, common land, woods and waterways to explore
- Dollis Valley Green Walk - This pleasant walk takes you from Mill Hill near Edgware in North London to the edge of Hampstead Heath along the Dollis Brook
- Pymmes Brook Trail - Follow the Pymmes Brook Trail through North London on this pleasant walk.
- Trent Country Park - This country park on the outskirts of London has 413 acres of rolling meadows, brooks, lakes, ancient woodland, and historical sites to explore on foot or by bike.
- Totteridge - Totteridge is a lovely little village to visit on the outskirts of London in the borough of Barnet
- Scratchwood and Moat Mount Open Space - These two parks are situated right next to each other in the London Borough of Barnet
- Aldenham Country Park - Enjoy 100 acres of woodland and parkland adjacent to a 60 acre lake at this splendid park near Elstree/Borehamwood
- Enfield - This North London based market town has some nice local parks, several waymarked trails, a historic local hall and waterside trails along the New River which runs past the town.
- Shenley - The idyllic Hertfordshire village of Shenley sits in a pleasant rural position on the outskirts of North London.
- Borehamwood - This Hertfordshire based town has a number of local parks, reservoirs, nature reserves and areas of common land to explore.
- Hadley Wood - This pleasant area of North London is located close to the Hertfordshire border
- Ridge - This circular walk from Hertfordshire based Ride explores the countryside to the west, visiting the Catherine Bourne River, Littleridge Wood and the neighbouring village of South Mimms
- London Colney - This pleasant Hertfordshire based village is located just to the south of St Albans