Walks around Ridge Hertfordshire
This circular walk from Hertfordshire based Ride explores the countryside to the west, visiting the Catherine Bourne River, Littleridge Wood and the neighbouring village of South Mimms.
You'll also pass Shenley where you could pick up our walk and visit the fascinating de Havilland Aircraft Museum.
The northern part of this route uses a section of the Hertfordshire Way. The long distance trail can be followed east through Potters Bar to visit Northaw Great Wood where there's miles of peaceful trails to try. Heading west would take you towards Borehamwood, the pretty lakes at Aldenham Country Park and Watford.
PostcodeEN6 3LH - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Ridge Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Ridge Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Ridge OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Ridge Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Ridge
- Shenley - The idyllic Hertfordshire village of Shenley sits in a pleasant rural position on the outskirts of North London.
- Ver-Colne Valley Walk - Follow the rivers Ver and Colne on this waterside walk through Hertfordshire.
The walk starts at Redbourn and follows the River Ver to the historic town of St Albans with its impressive cathedral and the delightful Verulamium Park
- Bricket Wood Common - Enjoy a stroll around this area of ancient woodland and dry heath, located near Watford
- Aldenham Country Park - Enjoy 100 acres of woodland and parkland adjacent to a 60 acre lake at this splendid park near Elstree/Borehamwood
- Totteridge - Totteridge is a lovely little village to visit on the outskirts of London in the borough of Barnet
- Dollis Valley Green Walk - This pleasant walk takes you from Mill Hill near Edgware in North London to the edge of Hampstead Heath along the Dollis Brook
- St Albans - Enjoy a nice circular walk around the centre of St Albans, visiting Verulamium Park, the Watercress Wildlife Site and the River Ver.
The walk starts from Abbey Rail Station and follows footpaths west through the park to the lake
- Hatfield Park - This Hertfordshire based town is a fine place for walkers with river trails along the River Lea, the woodland and parkland of Hatfield House and miles of easily accessible countryside trails to try.
- Watford - This pleasant waterside walk from Watford takes you through Cassiobury Park and along the Grand Union Canal to Uxbridge
- Hadley Wood - This pleasant area of North London is located close to the Hertfordshire border
- Northaw Great Wood - Explore 300 acres of woodland and parkland in this popular country park near Hatfield
- London Colney - This pleasant Hertfordshire based village is located just to the south of St Albans
- Mill Hill - Mill Hill village is located in the London Borough of Barnet in Greater London.
The Old Guinea has a splendid large garden seating 150 people. You can enjoy a meal here with a fabulous view of the surrounding countryside. You can find them at Crossoaks Lane, EN6 3LH.
The country trails make for a fine dog walk and the Old Guinea mentioned above is also dog friendly.