North Cheshire Way
70 miles (113 km)
Starting at Hooton Station, near Ellesmere Port, follow the North Cheshire Way through Frodsham, Northwich, Knutsford and Wilmslow to the finish point at Disley. Highlights on the walk include:
- Climbing Helsby Hill near Frodsham. The hill includes and Iron Age Hillfort with wonderful views over the Cheshire Plain, North Wales and the Mersey Estuary.
- A long riverside section along the River Weaver from Frodsham to Northwich.
- Tatton Park, near Knutsford. This historical estate contains a mansion, Tatton Hall, a manor house dating from medieval times, Tatton Old Hall, gardens, a farm and a deer park of 2,000 acres.
- A section alongside Manchester Airport near Wilmslow.
- Following the River Bollin through the delightful Styal Country Park in Wilmslow
- The wonderful Lyme Park (video below) with its mansion house and Medieval deer park. This can be found near Disley towards the end of the route
- Canalside sections along the Shropshire Union Canal and the Maccesfield Canal