North Cheshire Way
70 miles (113 km)
- Climbing Helsby Hill near Frodsham. The hill includes and Iron Age Hillfort with wonderful views over the Cheshire Plain, North Wales and the Mersey Estuary.
- A long riverside section along the River Weaver from Frodsham to Northwich.
- Tatton Park, near Knutsford. This historical estate contains a mansion, Tatton Hall, a manor house dating from medieval times, Tatton Old Hall, gardens, a farm and a deer park of 2,000 acres.
- A section alongside Manchester Airport near Wilmslow.
- Following the River Bollin through the delightful Styal Country Park in Wilmslow
- The wonderful Lyme Park (video below) with its mansion house and Medieval deer park. This can be found near Disley towards the end of the route
- Canalside sections along the Shropshire Union Canal and the Maccesfield Canal