Circular Walk around Pwllheli
This circular walk takes you around the town of Pwllheli on the Llyn Peninsula. On the walk you'll visit the harbour, beach, the River Rhydir and the Lon Cob Bach Nature Reserve. Pwllheli is considered the the main town of the peninsula, with a train station and a range of shops and other services.
The walk starts from the train station and heads south to the front where there are two blue flag beaches. You then head west along the beach before following a footpath north to the River Rhydir and the Lon Cob Bach Nature Reserve. There's some nice walkways here with interesting flora and fauna to look out for.
You continue east through the town to the Inner Harbour where there's a nice path to follow to South Beach. You then retrace your steps to return to the train station and the finish point of the walk.
To continue your walking in the area pick up the Llyn Coastal Path which runs through the town. Heading east will take you to Criccieth with its historic castle and the grave of former Prime Minister David Lloyd George. Heading west will take you to Llanbedrog and Abersoch where you can visit the southernmost point of the peninsula at Cilan Head.
Pwllheli Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Pwllheli Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Pwllheli OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Pwllheli Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Pwllheli
- Portmeirion - Enjoy a walk around this popular tourist attraction built in the style of an Italian village
- Llyn Coastal Path - Follow the Llyn Peninsula from Caernarfon to Porthmadog on this stunning coastal walk
- Moel y Gest - This hill near Porthmadog offers fine views over North Wales including the Llŷn Peninsula, the Rhinogydd, Moelwynion, Moel Hebog, and Snowdon.
This walk starts at the lovely harbour in Porthmadog and follows the coastal path south to Borth-y-Gest
- Porthmadog - This attractive coastal town in Gwynedd has some lovely coastal walking paths and beautiful beaches to explore
- Criccieth - This circular walk explores the coast and countryside surrounding the town of Criccieth in the Eifionydd area of Gwynedd
- Abersoch - This circular walk around Abersoch uses the Llyn Coastal Path to explore the beautiful beaches and bays to the south and west of the village.
Starting in the village you first head south along Borth Fawr beach and the Abersoch Golf Club