This walk takes you around Tranwell Woods and the old Tranwell Airfield near Morpeth.
The woods are located just south of the town, with some nice country lanes and footpaths around the Gubeon Woodland Plantation. The golf centre and the World War II airfield are adjacent to the site. The area is also known for its million pound properties, being one of the most exclusive estates in the North East.
To continue your walking in the area head north and pick up the Morpeth Walk where you can enjoy a pleasant waterside stroll along the Wansbeck River. Scroll down for more walks in and around the village.
PostcodeNE61 3FR - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Tranwell Woods Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Tranwell Woods Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Tranwell Woods OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Tranwell Woods Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Tranwell Woods
- Morpeth - Enjoy nice trails along the Wansbeck River in the historic market town of Morpeth in Northumberland
- Plessey Woods Country Park - This pretty country park is situated on the River Blyth at Hartford Bridge, 5 miles south of Morpeth and north of Cramlington
- Humford Woods - These woods in Bedlington have nice trails to follow along the River Blyth
- Bedlington Country Park - Enjoy nice woodland trails along the River Blyth in this country park in Bedlington, Northumberland.
The walk starts from the main car park at Bedlington Bridge
- Wansbeck Riverside Country Park - Enjoy 275 acres of riverside parkland in this delightful country park near Ashington
- Shaftoe Crags - Climb to Shaftoe Crags and enjoy far ranging views over the Northumberland countryside on this circular walk near Morpeth
- Bolam Lake Country Park - Enjoy peaceful lakeside walking and cycling in this delightful country park in Northumberland
- Wallington Hall - Explore the Wallington estate on this walk in Northumberland
- Hartburn Glebe - Explore these pretty little woods in the village of Hartburn on this short walk in Northumberland
- Mitford - A short circular walk around the pretty Northumberland village of Mitford visiting the remains of the old castle.
- Queen Elizabeth II Country Park - Enjoy a short cycle or walk around the large lake in this pretty country park near Ashington
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
To continue your walking in the area head to Plessey Woods Country Park where there's some lovely woodland walking and cycling trails to try.