Robin Hood Way
107 miles (172 km)
Follow in the footsteps of this legendary figure on this super walk through Sherwood Forest and the Nottinghamshire countryside. On the route:
- Nottingham Castle and the Robin Hood statue at route start
- Wollaton Park - located near Nottingham at the start of the route this attraction includes a deer park and Elizabethan mansion
- A waterside section along the Nottingham canal near Trowell
- Leen Valley Country Park - the path passes through this pretty country park located on the River Leen at Bestwood.
- Newstead Abbey - with splendid lakes, gardens and the Augustian priory of Newstead Abbey, this is a major walk highlight. It is also the ancestral home of Lord Byron.
- Burntstump Country Park with peaceful woodland walking trails.
- The fascinating limestone gorge and caves at Cresswell Crags
- Bestwood Country Park with 650 acres of parkland and lakes
- The white deer and Great Lake as you pass through Welbeck Park near Norton
- The Major Oak in Sherwood Forest - reputed to be Robin Hood's shelter where he and his merry men slept.
Please click here for more information