National Cycle Route 12
This signed National Cycle Route runs from Enfield in north London to Spalding in Lincolnshire.
The route passes through Stevenage, St Neots and Peterborough with a lovely traffic free stretch along Grafham Water.
See the list below for manageable day rides along sections of the route. Scroll further down for route videos and the gpx download.
Cycle Routes on National Cycle Route 12
- Barnet to Welwyn Garden City - Follow the trail from the outskirts of London into Hertfordshire on this fairly easy route
- Welwyn Garden City to Letchworth - This route follows the trail through Hertfordshire
- Stevenage to Baldock - This route starts in Stevenage near the train station and heads north along the trail and the Hertfordshire Way to Baldock via Graveley
- Huntingdon to Peterborough - Follow NCN route 12 through the Cambridgeshire countryside on this pleasant route
- Great North Way - This is a well signed, official cycle route running along the trail from Potters Bar to Letchworth
- Grafham Water Circular Ride - A cycle and walking route around the beautiful Grafham Water in Cambridgeshire.
The route passes through woodland and the villages of Grafton and West Perry
- Peterborough to Spalding - This lovely flat route follows National Cycle routes 63 and 12 passing through Cambridgeshire and Lincolnshire
National Cycle Route 12 Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
National Cycle Route 12 Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
National Cycle Route 12 OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
National Cycle Route 12 Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
In Peterborough the route links with National Cycle Route 63 which runs through the National Forest from Burton on Trent to Wisbech.