Spalding Walks - Near and Around
This Lincolnshire based market town has some nice waterside walking trails to try through the attractive countryside of the Fens.
This circular walk from the town visits the Willow Tree Fen Nature Reserve, the River Glen and the neighbouring village of Pinchbeck. The walk starts on Sharp's Bridge to the north of the town. Here you can pick up a waterside trail heading south west along Vernatt's Drain to the Nature Reserve. Here you pick up the Macmillan Way and follow it north along the River Glen to Pinchbeck. Head south through the town and it will bring you out near Sharp's Bridge.
Spalding Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Spalding Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Spalding OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Spalding Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Spalding
- Willow Tree Fen - This pretty nature reserve near Spalding has three colour coded walking trails to try
- Macmillan Way - This epic long distance path links Boston in Lincolnshire to Abbotsbury in Dorset
- Bourne Woods Lincolnshire - Enjoy miles of woodland cycling and walking trails in this large forest in the market town of Bourne, Lincolnshire
- Grimsthorpe Castle - This fine country house has an expansive estate to explore on a number of footpaths
- Frampton Marsh - Visit this splendid RSPB nature reserve on the Wash on this circular walk near Boston
- Boston - This market town in Lincolnshire has some nice riverside trails and a local nature reserve to visit
- Twyford Wood - This wood near Grantham has miles of footpaths taking you to conifer woodland, grassland and the lovely Twyford Wood butterfly glades
- Belton House - Explore the stunning grounds of this 17th century mansion in Lincolnshire on this easy circular walk
- Sleaford - This walk from the town takes you along the River Slea to the neighbouring villages of Anwick and South Kyme
- Holbeach Marsh - This circular walk explores the Fenland area of Holbeach Marsh in Lincolnshire.