Burghfield Wokefield Common
This walk explores Wokefield Common Nature Reserve in Burghfield Common, West Berkshire.
The common is criss crossed by a number of wide footpaths with woodland trails, ponds and lots of wildlife to see. There is a car park off Goring Lane from which you can start your walk.
You can extend the walk by heading south to visit Starvale Woods and Mortimer Common.
PostcodeRG7 3JB - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Burghfield Wokefield Common Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Burghfield Wokefield Common Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Burghfield Wokefield Common OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Burghfield Wokefield Common Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Burghfield Common
- Reading Canal Walk - This walk takes you along the Kennet and Avon Canal from Reading to Aldermaston Wharf
- Reading Circular River Walk - This circular walk takes in a number of waterways including the River Thames, the River Kennet and the Kennet and Avon Canal
- Aldermaston - This Berkshire based village has some nice river and canalside trails to try.
- Silchester - This walk follows the waymarked Silchester trail around the Hampshire village
- Tadley - This Hampshire based town is located near to some large areas of woodland and the attractive scenery of the North Downs
- Wellington Country Park - This 350 acre park is very popular with walkers with four splendid nature trails to follow
- Caversham Court Gardens - Explore these beautiful award winning gardens on the banks of the River Thames on this short walk in the Caversham area of Reading
- Bucklebury Common - This large area of common land in Berkshire covers 350 hectares (860 acres)
The woodland trails are ideal for a dog walk so expect to see other owners on a fine day.