Burnsall Walks - Circular River Walk
This picturesque Yorkshire Dales village is a popular walking destination. There's some fine riverside trails and a splendid 1500s pub to investigate after your walk.
This circular walk from the village takes you north along the River Wharfe on the Dales Way long distance footpath. At the stepping stones you can cross the river and then return along Burnsall Lane on the other side of the water. The walk could be extended by continuing north to the picturesque Linton Falls just outside neighbouring Grassington.
PostcodeBD23 6BU - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Burnsall Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Burnsall Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Burnsall OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Burnsall Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Burnsall
- Burnsall to Appletreewick and Simon's Seat - This circular walk from Burnsall takes you to the village of Appletreewick and the wonderful viewpoint at Simon's Seat
- Appletreewick - This circular walk takes you to some of the highlights around the small village of Appletreewick in the Craven district of North Yorkshire
- Simons Seat - This walk from Bolton Abbey climbs through the Valley of Desolation to Simon's Seat
- Burnsall to Grassington - A delightful waterside walk along the River Wharfe from Burnsall to Grassington in the Yorkshire Dales
- Troller's Gill - This walk takes you to the wonderful limestone gorge of Troller's Gill in Wharfedale in the Yorkshire Dales
- Grimwith Reservoir - Enjoy a circular walk around this lovely reservoir in the Yorkshire Dales
- Linton Falls - This popular walk from Grassington visits the spectacular Linton Falls in the Yorkshire Dales
- Threshfield Quarry - This walk visits the Threshfield Quarry near Grassington in North Yorkshire.
- Dales Way - This wonderful walk takes you through the fabulous Yorkshire Dales and on into Cumbria and the spectacular Lake District
- Bolton Abbey - Explore the huge estate surrounding the ruins of this 12th-century Augustinian monastery
- Grassington Circular Walk - A lovely circular walk around Grassington, taking you along the River Wharfe to the village of Hebden before climbing into the countryside above the town
- Upper Wharfedale - This circular walk explores Upper Wharfedale and Langstrothdale in the Yorkshire Dales National Park
- Winterburn Reservoir - This walk visits the Winterburn Reservoir in the Yorkshire Dales near the settlements of Winterburn and Hetton.
- Malham Tarn Estate - This beautiful spot in the Yorkshire Dales is perfect for a safe cycle or walk
- Malham Cove - This super walk visits two well known beauty spots in the Yorkshire Dales
- Circular Walk around Kettlewell - This challenging circular walk climbs to Great Whernside, Blackfell Top and Blackfell Dike from the popular village of Kettlewell, in the Nidderdale area of the Yorkshire Dales.
The route starts in the village and heads along the lovely Dowber Gill Beck where there's a series of pretty waterfalls
- Beamsley Beacon - This short climb in the Yorkshire Dales visits Beamsley Beacon which is also known as Howber Hill
Back in the village head to The Red Lion for some post walk rest and refreshment. The historic inn dates back to the 16th century and serves high quality food. They also provide rooms if you'd like to stay in the area. You can find them in a lovely spot overlooking the river at postcode BD23 6BU for your sat navs.
The river and country trails make for a fine dog walk. The Red Lion mentioned above is also dog friendly.