This district in West London is known as the "Queen of the Suburbs" due to its greenery. As such it's a pleasant place for a walk with Ealing Common and Walpole Park providing local walking opportunities.
Other walking highlights include the lovely Brent River Park, located just to the north. The waterside trail takes you along the Brent River with lots of wildlife to look out for on the way. Near here you can enjoy some more easy waterside walking along the Grand Union Canal Walk.
To the south there's the popular Gunnserbury Park and the Thames Path where you can explore the world famous Kew Gardens.
This circular walk first explores Ealing Common where there are some pleasant footpaths to try. The common is located next to Ealing Common tube station which is on the Uxbridge branch of the Piccadilly line and on the Ealing Broadway branch of the District line. You then head west to visit Walpole Park. There's more nice trails here, taking you to a pond, lake and a picturesque walled garden. The park is also used for music festivals and a beer festival. There's a pleasant cafe where you could stop for some refreshment before heading back through the town to the tube station.
Ealing Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Ealing Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Ealing OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Ealing Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Ealing
- Brent River Park Walk - This waymarked trail takes you along the Brent River in the capital
- Horsenden Hill - This circular walk in Ealing climbs to Horsenden Hill
- Osterley Park - A walk around the 350 acres of parkland at Osterley House in Hounslow West London
- Northala Fields - This park in Northolt has some good cycling and walking trails to try
- Syon Park - Enjoy a stroll around the 200-acre grounds of Syon House in Brentford
- Hillingdon Trail - Travel through North London along the Hillingdon trail and enjoy parkland, countryside and waterside walking along the Grand Union Canal.
The walk starts in Cranford Country Park and heads through the borough of Hillingdon passing West Ruislip and Harefield before finishing at Springwell Lock on the Grand Union Canal
- Capital Ring - This 78 mile circular walk takes you on a tour through London passing many of its most famous landmarks and through some of its most attractive parks and green areas.
The route officially starts at Woolwich foot tunnel by the Thames Barrier and first heads south passing through Eltham, Beckenham Place Park and Tooting Bec Common before reaching Wimbledon with its famous common and windmill
- Grand Union Canal Walk - Follow the towpath of Britain's longest canal from London to Birmingham on this fabulous waterside walk
- Kew Gardens - Visit the most popular paid entry garden in the UK on this walk in Greater London
- Thames Path - Starting at the Source of the Thames at Thames Head in Gloucestershire, follow the iconic river through beautiful countryside and historic towns to the city of London.
- Brentford Canal Walk - A walk along the Grand Union Canal from Brentford to Minet Country Park and Lake Farm Country Park in Hillingdon.
Start the walk from Brentford Dock and the marina in Brentford
- Minet Country Park - This country park in Hillingdon includes ponds, grassland and a variety of wild plants and flowers
- Lake Farm Country Park - This pleasant park in Hillingdon has some nice footpaths, a trim trail and a BMX track to try