Ossett Waks - Near and Around
This West Yorkshire market town is located in the Wakefield area of the county. There's some nice country trails and a series of nearby reservoirs to visit in the area. To the west there's also some riverside trails along the River Calder and the Kirklees Way near Dewsbury.
This walk from the town follows a section of the Leeds Country Way north to visit West Ardsley and Ardsley Reservoir. You can start the walk on the northern side of the town and then follow the waymarked trail north to lake. Here you 'll find a nice circular walk running around the perimeter.
PostcodeWF5 8ND - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Ossett Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Ossett Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Ossett OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Ossett Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Ossett
- Leeds Country Way - A super circular walk through the countryside surrounding this major Yorkshire city
- Ardsley Reservoir - This circular walk takes you around Ardsley Reservoir in East Ardsley, Leeds
- Pugneys Country Park - This 250 acre park contains two lakes with pleasant waterside footpaths
- Newmillerdam Country Park - Enjoy cycling and walking paths in this country park in Wakefield
- Wintersett Reservoir - This pretty reservoir near Wakefield has a nice walking trail running along the western side of the water
- Anglers Country Park - Enjoy a peaceful walk or cycle around this pretty country park in Wakefield
- Nostell Priory - Explore 300 acres of parkland and gardens surrounding this 18th-century treasure house near Wakefield
- Coxley Woods - These woods near Netherton have miles of trails to follow through attractive woodland
- Wakefield Canal - Follow the Wakefield Branch of the Aire and Calder Navigation Canal from Wakefield to Castleford on this waterside walk in West Yorkshire
- Barnsley Canal - Enjoy a waterside walk or cycle along the Barnsley Canal on this easy route near Royston
- Leeds to Barnsley - Follow the Trans Penine Trail and National Cycle route 67 from the city of Leeds to its nearby neighbour Barnsley
- Fitzwilliam Country Park - Enjoy a short circular walk or cycle along the network of way-marked paths in this pretty country park in the Wakefield area of Yorkshire
- Kirklees Way - Explore the Kirklees metropolitan district on this challenging circular walk through West Yorkshire
- Morley - This West Yorkshire town is located close to Leeds and Wakefield
The Brewers Pride is located right next to Osset brewery. There's a great selection of ales and fine home cooked food here. You can find them on Low Mill Road at postcode WF5 8ND for your sat navs.
The country trails make for a nice dog walk and the Brewers Pride mentioned above is also dog friendly.