This Lancashire market town has some nice local river and coastal walks to try. It's also close to the Forest of Bowland AONB where there are numerous walking trails to try.
This walk from the town takes you along the Wyre Way to the nearby Wyre Estuary Country Park.
The walk starts near the train station which is easily reachable from Blackpool or Preston. Head east to Little Poulton and then north and you can pick up the Wyre Way near Skippool. Follow the waymarked footpath north and it will take you past Thornton to the Wyre Estuary Country Park. The park has good facilities with a visitor centre and bird hide where you can look out for a variety of birds on the water.
PostcodeFY6 7BG - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Poulton-le-Fylde Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Poulton-le-Fylde Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Poulton-le-Fylde OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Poulton-le-Fylde Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Poulton-le-Fylde
- Blackpool - The historic tourist town of Blackpool is situated on the Irish Sea on the Lancashire coast
- Stanley Park - This lovely park in Blackpool has nice footpaths and a cycle trail to enjoy
- Marton Mere - Enjoy a short walk around this pretty nature reserve near Blackpool
- Cartford Inn - A circular walk from the river Cartford Inn pub in Great and Little Eccleston, Lancashire
- Lancashire Coastal Way - Travel along the beautiful Lancashire coast from Silverdale to Freckleton on this fairly easy walk.
You start off at Silverdale and head south to Morecambe Bay passing Warton and Bolton le Sands
- Knott End - Enjoy a circular walk around this pretty coastal village in Lancashire
- Wyre Way - Follow the course of the River Wyre from Fleetwood to Abbeystead Reservoir on this 45 mile waymarked walk in Lancashire.
- Wyre Estuary Country Park - Enjoy a walk along the network of accessible paths by the beautiful Wyre Estuary in this waterside country park near Blackpool
- Ribble Estuary - Explore the most important river estuary in the UK on this coastal walk in Lytham St Annes
- Fleetwood - This Lancashire coastal town is located a few miles north of the popular seaside resort of Blackpool
- Preston - The Lancashire city of Preston is in a great location for walkers
- Lytham Hall - Enjoy a lovely stroll around the 78 acre grounds of Lytham Hall on this short walk in Lancashire
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Head west to Blackpool on the coast and you could pick up the Lancashire Coastal Way and follow it north to Fleetwood and Knott End.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Forest of Bowland Walks and the Lancashire Walks pages.