Daventry Country Park
Enjoy woodland, meadows and the lovely Daventry Reservoir on this waterside route in Northamptonshire. The southern part of the reservoir is a designated nature reserve with bird hides. There is also a delightful nature trail through the sensory garden to the pond, with useful information boards along the way.
The park has a Visitor Centre, fitness equipment and a cafe. It is located just north of Daventry town centre.
The Grand Union Canal is only about 1/2 a mile from the park so you could continue the route along the towpath if you have time.
Just to the south east you can pick up a nice footpath around Borough Hill. There's good views over the surrounding area from the high points.
Please click here for more information
Daventry Country Park Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Daventry Country Park Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Daventry Country Park OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Daventry Country Park Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Daventry
- Borough Hill Daventry - This circular walk follows a footpath around Borough Hill in Daventry
- Grand Union Canal Walk - Follow the towpath of Britain's longest canal from London to Birmingham on this fabulous waterside walk
- Badby Woods - These pretty woods near Daventry have miles of good woodland trails to try
- Braunston to Whilton Locks - This walk visits the Whilton Locks flight on the Grand Union Canal near Daventry
- Arbury Hill - A nice walk from Badby to Hellidon, passing Arbury Hill, the joint highest point of Northamptonshire
- Drayton Reservoir - This walk visits Drayton Reservoir in Daventry, Northamptonshire.
- Everdon Stubbs - These pretty woods near Daventry Country Park are a great place to see bluebells in the springtime
- Canons Ashby - This circular walk explores the gardens, parkland and countryside surrounding this Elizabethan manor house near Daventry.
- Draycote Water - Enjoy a circular waterside cycle or walk around the delightful Draycote Water Country Park near Rugby
- Napton on the Hill - This Warickshire based village is in a fine location for canal, country and lakeside walking
- Napton Reservoir - This walk visits Napton Reservoir near the village of Napton on the Hill in Warwickshire
There's a decent on site cafe selling a range of meals and snacks.
The woodland and lakeside trails are ideal for dog walking so you'll probably see other owners on your visit.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Just to the south of the town there's some pleasant woodland trails to be found at Badby Woods. Near here there's also the historic Fawsley Hall where you can see a fine 15th century house surrounded by lakes, formal gardens and parkland landscaped by Capability Brown.
To the north you'll find Drayton Reservoir, a popular fishing venue on the Middlemore Estate.
Head west along the canal and you could visit the worthy village of Napton on the Hill. Here you'll find a 12th century church and nice walks along Napton Reservoir and the Oxford Canal Walk.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Northamptonshire Walks page.