Nuneaton Circular Walk
This super circular walk was devised by the Nuneaton Rotary Club and takes you on a tour of the countryside, parks and canals around Nuneaton. The walk begins at Weddington, by the River Anker and passes Hartshill, Higham on the Hill and Hinckley. It runs for about 24 miles on a series of fairly flat easy footpaths.
The main attractions on the walk are the delightful waterside stretches along the Coventry Canal and Ashby Canal. You will also visit the beautiful Hartshill Country Park where you will find 137 acres of woodland and open hilltop with magnificent views across the Anker Valley.
The next attraction near route is the splendid Arbury Estate just outside Nuneaton. Here you will find a beautiful Elizabethan mansion house surrounded by beautiful 18th century landscaped gardens and over 100 acres of lakes and parkland.
This is a fairly easy walk with good access points just to the south of the route start at Nuneaton rail and bus stations.
Nuneaton Rotary Walk Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Nuneaton Rotary Walk Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Nuneaton Rotary Walk OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Nuneaton Rotary Walk Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Nuneaton
- Hartshill Country Park - Enjoy 137 acres of woodland and open hilltop with magnificent views across the Anker Valley
- Coventry Canal - Enjoy waterside cycling and walking along the 38 mile long Coventry Canal towpath
- Ashby Canal - Follow the Ashby-de-la-Zouch Canal from Bedworth in Warwickshire, to the little village of Snareston in Leicestershire
- Atherstone -
- Warwickshire Centenary Way - Starting at Kingsbury Water Park (video below) in the north of the county this lovely walk takes you through the River Tame Valley, Atherstone Ridge, Nuneaton, Coombe Abbey Park at Coventry (video below), Kenilworth, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Burton Dassett Hills, Edge Hill, Shipston on Stour and Ilmington Downs before finishing at Upper Quinton
- Coventry Way - This walk circles the countryside around Coventry taking you through some fine Warwickshire countryside and a series of interesting villages.
The walk starts at Meriden and heads towards Kenilworth with its impressive castle - described by architectural historian Anthony Emery as the 'finest surviving example of a semi-royal palace of the later middle ages, significant for its scale, form and quality of workmanship'
- Market Bosworth Country Park - This 85 acre country park in Leicestershire contains a lake, a planted arboretum with exotic species, a wildflower meadow and a community woodland
- Bosworth Battlefield Country Park - Walk the Battlefield Trail with panoramic views over the Leicestershire countryside in this country park in Market Bosworth
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
The Atherstone Walk starts from the train station in the nearby town and follows the Coventry Canal to Hartshill Park where you can pick up this trail.
The Hinckley Circular Walk uses a section of the Ashby Canal and this walk to explore the area around the market town.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Warwickshire Walks page.
GPX FileNuneaton Rotary Walk.gpx (On Desktop:Right Click>'Save As. On Ipad/Iphone:Click and hold>Share>Save to Files')
NB GPS file for this route only details route start - route is waymarked from there in