This pretty Essex village has many picturesque features including a ford on the River Ter, an old windmill, a cricket pitch and cottages around Church Green.
This circular walk from the village uses a section of the Essex Way and other country lanes to explore the area.
The walk starts in the village centre and passes along the Cricket Green to Flack's Green. You then follow the waymarked Essex Way footpath north west to Sandy Wood and Fuller's Green. Pleasant country lanes then takes you north east to Fairstead where you pick up the Essex Way again. Follow it south and it will take you back to Terling.
PostcodeCM3 2PY - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Terling Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Terling Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Terling OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Terling Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Terling
- Essex Way - Travel through the Essex countryside from Epping to Harwich on this 81 mile footpath
- Chelmsford - This walk in the Essex city of Chelmsford takes you along the River Can and River Chelmer to Sandford Mill
- Witham River Walk - This nice waterside stroll follows the River Brain through the Essex town of Witham
- Braintree - The Essex town of Braintree has some nice walking trails along the River Brain and River Blackwater which run through the town
- Blackwater Rail Trail - This is a nice, easy cycle or walk along a disused railway line between Witham and Maldon in Essex
- John Ray Walk - Travel along the John Ray Walk from Braintree to Witham on this lovely walk through Essex
- Flitch Way - The Flitch Way is a cycle and walking route running along a decomissioned railway line through Essex
- Tiptree - This large village is located near Colchester in Essex
- Blake's Wood - Enjoy a series of nice woodland trails in this pretty wood in Chelmsford
- Great Notley Country Park - A short walk or cycle around the 100 acre Great Notley Country Park in Braintree, Essex
- Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation - Follow the Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation Canal from Chelmsford to Maldon on this easy, waterside walk in Essex
- Little Baddow - This pretty little village is located near to Chelmsford in Essex
- Paper Mill Lock - Enjoy an easy stroll along the Chelmer and Blackwater Navigation on this circular waterside walk from Paper Mill Lock
Head to the Rayleigh Arms for some post walk refreshment. The 1840 pub is one of the dominant buildings in the village. They have a good menu with a cosy interior and log fire. Outside there's a lovely large garden area for warmer days. You can find them at 1 Owl's Hill, CM3 2PW.
The country trails make for a fine dog walk and the Rayleigh Arms mentioned above is also dog friendly.