Worksop Canal Walk
This walk follows a section of the Chesterfield Canal from Worksop to Kiveton Park. The walk runs for just under 6 miles along the flat towpath, with the option of catching the train back at the end of the route.
The walk starts on the bridge over the canal just to the south of Worksop train station. From here you can pick up the towpath and follow it west past Sandhill Lake to Shireoaks where there's a prety marina. Here you can take a short detour from the canal to visit the 17th century Shireoaks Hall which is just to the south of the marina. Near here you could also stop for refreshments at the Hewett Arms pub in the village. The pub is situated on the outskirts of the village close to a fishing lake and includes a nice beer garden.
After passing Shireoaks the route continues west past a series of woods before coming to Kiveton Park. Here you can catch the train back to Worksop.
You could extend the walk by continuing along the canal to Rother Valley Country Park where there's some nice trails around the pretty lakes. Just to the south of Worksop there's the wonderful Clumber Country Park. There's 3,800 acres of woodland, open heath and rolling farmland to explore here.
Worksop Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Worksop Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Worksop OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Worksop Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Worksop
- Chesterfield Canal - A waterside walk along the Chesterfield Canal from Chesterfield to Staveley.
The walk starts from the train station where you can pick up a section of the Cuckoo Way to take you north along the River Rother
- Rother Valley Country Park - Rother Valley Country Park is located near Sheffield and is an excellent place for a peaceful waterside walk or cycle
- Cuckoo Way - This walk follows the Chesterfield Canal through Nottinghamshire, South Yorkshire and Derbyshire from Chesterfield to West Stockwith
- Clumber Country Park - Enjoy a peaceful walk or cycle around the fabulous Clumber Park in Worksop
- Robin Hood Way - Follow in the footsteps of this legendary figure on this super walk through Sherwood Forest and the Nottinghamshire countryside
- Sherwood Forest Country Park - Explore 450 acres of peaceful woodland in this famous park and Nature Reserve in Nottinghamshire