Tysoe Windmill Walk
This walk visits the historic Tysoe Windmill in the Stratford-on-Avon District of Warwickshire.
The photogenic windmill is located just south of the village of Tysoe on top of Windmill Hill. It's a lovely spot for a walk with excellent views over the Cotswolds AONB from the 184 metre high hill.
You can start the walk from Middle Tysoe and head south through Upper Tysoe. Near here you can pick up a country footpath taking you up to Windmill Hill.
The route then takes you towards Compton Wynyates before returning to Tysoe on the same footpath.
The southern section passes close to Compton Wynyates House, an architecturally impressive Tudor country house that is also Grade I listed.
PostcodeCV35 0UD - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Tysoe Windmill Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Tysoe Windmill Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Tysoe Windmill OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Tysoe Windmill Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Tysoe
- Burton Dassett Hills Country Park - This super country park is comprised of a group of ironstone hills which rise to 203m (667 ft)
- Shipston on Stour - This attractive Warwickshire based town is in a good location for exploring the North Cotswolds
- Avon Dassett - This pretty little Warwickshire village is located in a lovely spot on the edge of the Cotswolds
- Farnborough Hall - This National Trust owned site is located in the village of Farnborough in rural Warwickshire.
- Edge Hill - This walk visits Edge Hill from the village of Ratley in Warwickshire
- Ilmington - This walk from Ilmington makes use of three waymarked trails to create a fine circular route through the countryside surrounding the Cotswolds village
- Stratford Upon Avon - The Warwickshire town of Stratford Upon Avon is famously associated with William Shakespeare
- Banbury - Explore the area surrounding the Oxfordshire town of Banbury on this long circular walk
- Hidcote Manor Garden - Explore these stunning National Trust owned gardens on this short walk in the Cotswolds
- Ebrington and the Foxcote Estate - This circular walk takes you around some beautiful countryside on the Gloucestershire/Warwickshire border in the Cotswolds AONB
- Warwick - A circular walk around the town of Warwick, visiting the castle, the River Avon and the Grand Union Canal.
- Oxford Canal Walk - Follow the Oxford Canal from Oxford to Coventry on this splendid waterside walk
- Clattercote Reservoir - This small reservoir is located just south of Claydon in Oxfordshire.
- Boddington Reservoir - Enjoy a peaceful walk around this pretty reservoir near Banbury
- Broughton Castle - Enjoy a short stroll around Broughton Castle and Broughton park on this interesting walk in Oxfordshire
- Wroxton Abbey - This walk explores the Oxfordshire village of Wroxton and the splendid grounds of a fine Jacobean mansion
- Bodicote Circular Walk - This short circular walk explores the countryside around the Oxfordshire village of Bodicote near Banbury
- Kings Sutton - This attractive West Northamptonshire village is a lovely place to start a walk
- Adderbury Circular Walk - This three mile circular walk explores the countryside around the Oxfordshire villages of Adderbury and Bodicote
- Southam - The Warwickshire market town of Southam is located in the Stratford-on-Avon district of the county
Back in Middle Tysoe you could head to the Peacock Inn for some rest and refreshment after your exercise.
The pub serves a good selection of real ales and has a welcoming fire for colder days. If the sun is shining there's a lawned garden out the back.
You can find them on the Main Street at postcode CV35 0SE for your sat navs.
The country trails make for a fine dog walk. The Peacock mentioned above is also dog friendly.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
The long distance Warwickshire Centenary Way passes through the village. You could follow it north to visit Avon Dassett and Burton Dassett Hills Country Park or west towards Shipston on Stour.
Cycling Information:- National Cycle Route 48 passes through Tysoe. The signed Sustrans cycle route runs from Tetbury to Moreton-in-Marsh and Southam. There's splendid views of the Cotswolds on the way.