This pretty village is located close to Southam and Leamington Spa in the county of Warwickshire. The village includes a noteworthy 13th century church and an historic 16th century pub.
This route uses a section of the Warwickshire Centenary Way and other local footpaths to create a circular walk to the south of the village. On the way you'll visit the Bishops Bowl Lakes and the neighbouring village of Bishop's Itchington. There's some nice countryside views to enjoy on this fairly easy, flat walk.
PostcodeCV33 9HR - Please note: Postcode may be approximate for some rural locations
Harbury Ordnance Survey Map - view and print off detailed OS map
Harbury Open Street Map - view and print off detailed map
Harbury OS Map - Mobile GPS OS Map with Location tracking
Harbury Open Street Map - Mobile GPS Map with Location tracking
Walks near Harbury
- Chesterton Windmill - This walk visits a 17th century windmill neary Harbury in Warwickshire
- Southam - The Warwickshire market town of Southam is located in the Stratford-on-Avon district of the county
- Draycote Water - Enjoy a circular waterside cycle or walk around the delightful Draycote Water Country Park near Rugby
- Burton Dassett Hills Country Park - This super country park is comprised of a group of ironstone hills which rise to 203m (667 ft)
- Avon Dassett - This pretty little Warwickshire village is located in a lovely spot on the edge of the Cotswolds
- Farnborough Hall - This National Trust owned site is located in the village of Farnborough in rural Warwickshire.
- Leamington Spa - A figure of eight circuit around the Warwickshire town of Royal Leamington Spa
- Charlecote Park - Enjoy an easy walk around the beautiful Charlecote Park in Wellesbourne, Warwickshire
- Oakley Wood - Enjoy a peaceful woodland walk through Oakley Wood, near Leamington Spa
- Warwickshire Centenary Way - Starting at Kingsbury Water Park (video below) in the north of the county this lovely walk takes you through the River Tame Valley, Atherstone Ridge, Nuneaton, Coombe Abbey Park at Coventry (video below), Kenilworth, Warwick, Leamington Spa, Burton Dassett Hills, Edge Hill, Shipston on Stour and Ilmington Downs before finishing at Upper Quinton.
- Grand Union Canal Walk - Follow the towpath of Britain's longest canal from London to Birmingham on this fabulous waterside walk
- Edge Hill - This walk visits Edge Hill from the village of Ratley in Warwickshire
The Crown Inn can be found on Crown Street at postcode CV33 9HE. They have a good menu and selection of ales to enjoy after your exercise. There's also the historic Shakespeare Inn, a 16th century timber framed pub on Mill Street at postcode CV33 9HR. The pub includes a nice large garden for warmer days.
The country trails make for a fine dog walk. The Shakespeare Inn and the Crown pubs mentioned above are also dog friendly.
Further Information and Other Local Ideas
Just west of the village there's the Chesterton Windmill to visit. The 17th century mill is Grade I listed and a popular local visitor attraction.
Juat to the north there's the Ufton Fields Nature Reserve to explore. There's some ponds here with lots of water loving wildlife to look out for.
For more walking ideas in the area see the Warwickshire Walks page.